Merchandise Planner - Irvine, CA.
This role not only requires retail insight and experience but also the ability to manage the needs between wholesale and direct to consumer channels. The planner is responsible for setting and achieving sales and inventory plans that align with financial targets as well as company objectives. This role will work closely with the buying team, store managers, site operators, and occasionally the production department. The ideal candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with high critical thinking skills. Due the fact that this role will interact with multiple departments, a professional and team-centric attitude is crucial for success.
- To analyze sales and inventory position, provide constructive analysis and direction to Merchandisers & Partners by country/store type on the total/gender/division/category/SKU level. Use historical sales to ensure optimal quarterly and seasonal assortments and identify/react to in-season misses and opportunities.
- Analyze booking reports to identify opportunity and devise seasonal/annual projections by customer and category.
- Work with Analysis team/IT Department to streamline data and automate reports.
- Initiate and develop actionable analysis to recap business by classification and subclass at a top-line as well as store level in order to partner with buying team to create strategies to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability.
- Manage and update monthly open-to-buy.
- Work with buying team and store managers to analyze business by door to maximize sales and stock opportunities. Monitor flow of initial assortments as well as reorders to stores by classification and by style.
- Recap business by classification, style, color and size and create best seller/hindsight reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to allow for thorough analysis of the business.
- Produce weekly reports recapping sales, inventory and gross margin vs. plan and projection by department, classification and by door.
- Manage and maintain international pricing so that there is alignment from our USD pricing to the local currency and consistent with other competing brands within that market.
- Must have 4+ yrs. Experience in Retail Planning, Store Planning and/or allocation
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have prior experience managing Open to Buy in a Vertical Retail setting
- Computer Literate – Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Global experience is a plus
Submit your resume to email@example.com