Location: Irvine, CA and Los Angeles, CA
Stüssy, was founded in 1980 and has grown into a global lifestyle brand. We currently have over 55 stores worldwide in locations such as New York, Milan, Japan, Taipei and Seoul. Stüssy represents a lifestyle widely embraced by street subcultures since the 80s. What started from the scrawled signature logo of founder Shawn Stüssy can now be found in boutiques, department stores and high-end designer shops all over the world. Originating in California, the brand continues to expand its clothing line and grow globally.
The Stüssy Director of Ecommerce is responsible for driving long-term profitable growth while delivering a brand first customer experience. The Director of eCommerce will be responsible for the global digital sales channels including North American, Europe, S. Korea; building a strategic plan, clearly communicating, and leading a team to deliver results. Develop and deliver the consumer experience with both long-term strategy of growing eccomerce and day to day operations.
- Utilize existing historical analytics, financial performance, and long range plans to formulate a comprehensive operational plan to grow both the top and bottom line for 3 sites
- Evaluate and propose improvements to planning and buying processes in order to optimize inventory turnover, forecasting tools to support changes in demand, and the efficient flow of inventory into US warehouses to reduce inventory cost and age
- Develop a direct-to-consumer, marketing, promotion, and product calendar to align global brand campaigns, new product launches, brick and mortar events for aligned go-to-market plan alongside physical Stussy stores
- Lead a strategy of international growth by providing a comprehensive strategy for delivering a first rate customer experience while adding service to new countries.
- Measure consumer satisfaction and frustration through various leading indicators and develop plans to continuously improve user experience and training of internal teams
- Partner closely with the finance team while managing the eCommerce P&L
- Ensure brand consistency and presence on all digital products from planning user experience to design/build/test to successful launch across all 3 sites
- Lead Direct to Consumer customer brand experience, ensuring consistent brand experience across sites
- Oversee Inventory planning and management across multiple warehouses.
- Work with the logistics team for on-time / in budget order fulfilment
- Oversee digital paid marketing efforts (in-house and agency support)
- Manage existing customer retention through email-marketing
- Manage external development resources/agency and be able to translate business requirements into project management plans.
- Report out weekly on performance to company leadership
- Monitor performance and partner with buying team to develop financial strategies to achieve plans both in-season & pre-season
- Continuously create and evolve a focused DTC first go-to-market plan with development of cross-functional partnerships with focus on process efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage and mentor up to 10 team members at various levels of responsibility and multiple roles (including customer service)
- Minimum of three (3) years in a key eCommerce leadership role in a $10M- $50M ecommerce store(s) and ten (10) years of progressive experience in Retail or Product Merchandising
- Passion for Translating Brand ethos into a Direct to Consumer customer experience
- Experience in cross-border and international eCommerce
- Proven ability to create international presence in direct to consumer
- Deep understanding of retail planning, buying, and merchandising tools, processes, and performance metrics
- Ability to work constructively under pressure, respond resourcefully to change and maintain a confident and constructive outlook despite difficulty, frustrations or ambiguity.
- Ability to stay focused and maintain quality when handling multiple tasks at the same time, knowing when to consult others with critical viewpoints or experience to help make key decisions
- Experience overseeing a highly service oriented global eCommerce department
- Experience with an ERP System (preferably Full Circle) and PLM systems a plus
- Experience with Shopify
- Deep understanding conversion and site analytics with Google Analytics
- Curious and fast learner of Direct to Consumer technology and platforms
Submit your resume to email@example.com
Merchandise Planner - Irvine, CA.
This role not only requires retail insight and experience but also the ability to manage the needs between wholesale and direct to consumer channels. The planner is responsible for setting and achieving sales and inventory plans that align with financial targets as well as company objectives. This role will work closely with the buying team, store managers, site operators, and occasionally the production department. The ideal candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with high critical thinking skills. Due the fact that this role will interact with multiple departments, a professional and team-centric attitude is crucial for success.
- To analyze sales and inventory position, provide constructive analysis and direction to Merchandisers & Partners by country/store type on the total/gender/division/category/SKU level. Use historical sales to ensure optimal quarterly and seasonal assortments and identify/react to in-season misses and opportunities.
- Analyze booking reports to identify opportunity and devise seasonal/annual projections by customer and category.
- Work with Analysis team/IT Department to streamline data and automate reports.
- Initiate and develop actionable analysis to recap business by classification and subclass at a top-line as well as store level in order to partner with buying team to create strategies to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability.
- Manage and update monthly open-to-buy.
- Work with buying team and store managers to analyze business by door to maximize sales and stock opportunities. Monitor flow of initial assortments as well as reorders to stores by classification and by style.
- Recap business by classification, style, color and size and create best seller/hindsight reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to allow for thorough analysis of the business.
- Produce weekly reports recapping sales, inventory and gross margin vs. plan and projection by department, classification and by door.
- Manage and maintain international pricing so that there is alignment from our USD pricing to the local currency and consistent with other competing brands within that market.
- Must have 4+ yrs. Experience in Retail Planning, Store Planning and/or allocation
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have prior experience managing Open to Buy in a Vertical Retail setting
- Computer Literate – Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Global experience is a plus
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org