Role: Logistics Manager
Stüssy, was founded in 1980 and has grown into a global lifestyle brand. We currently have over 55 stores worldwide in locations such as New York, LA, Milan, Tokyo, Taipei and Seoul. Stüssy represents a lifestyle widely embraced by street subcultures since the 80s. What started from the scrawled signature logo of founder Shawn Stüssy can now be found globally online and in specialty high-end designer shops all over the world. Originating in California, the brand continues to expand its clothing line and grow globally.
Oversee the coordination and transportation of goods between international suppliers and our global DCs. Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in logistics management and a deep understanding of international trade regulations and processes to facilitate cost effective and timely deliveries. Meeting legislation, regulatory and other requirements relating to the importation and exportation of commercial shipments are met.
- Develop and implement import/export logistics strategies and procedures to ensure timely and cost-effective transportation of goods
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of Logistics coordinators to meet business objectives.
- Coordinate all shipments of materials and finished goods from suppliers to consolidators and 3PL locations.
- Management of Air and Sea shipment bookings in accordance with ex-factory/required delivery dates.
- Negotiate rates and service levels with carriers
- Communicate with all stakeholders on late shipments and/or market conditions impacting service.
- Create and maintain transit reports for all origins and modes of transport.
- Generate annual logistics budget with Finance teams based on forecasted volumes.
- Lead weekly logistics updates and adhoc delay/update communication in Slack with key stakeholders
- Ensure the team maintains delivery dates in ERP within SLA and escalates invoice inaccuracy to production team
- Adhere to and plan for the Product Launch calendar timelines to meet target launch dates.
- Directly manage relationships with Freight Forwarders, Couriers, Customs Brokers and Trucking companies.
- Receive, review, approve freight, duty and trucking invoices.
- Implement Duty Drawback & First Sale transactions and other compliance projects.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with Import /Export operations & Customs Compliance regulations.
- Minimum 3 years team leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of courier and forwarder portals and MS Excel or Google Sheets reporting
- Working Knowledge of Incoterms, Customs Rules and Regulations, HTS Classification Codes
- 4 Year College Degree
- Experience in vertical retail for clothing industry preferred
Email Resumes to Careers@stussy.com